Monday, September 16, 2013

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 in town

I went to town for Willem's stress test, then went to see if the purple bouncing bet flowers were findable. I knew where they were located, generally, across from a factory by the traintracks, but it was raining and wet, so finding them wasn't an easy task. The bouncing bet, or soapwort leaves didn't show up against the grass readily, so I didn't have much luck figuring out where they were, or even which ones they were.


 

So I scratched that off my mental list and went into town. I felt like going to the flea market, but squashed the idea, in the hopes of not spending money I didn't have. It worked. I didn't spend any money today! Good work, Nancy!


 

Instead I drove over to Alida's apartment and found a parking spot on the road alongside her building. My iPod picked up her wifi and since I am allowed to use it, I have the password already in it, too.


 

I sat and read facebook entries. So nice to read what everyone is doing. I love that. I also read some mail. I didn't have the time to wait for the internet to open so I could respond at youtube, so I just read wonderful comments. They inspire me, congratulate me, compliment me. They give me a reason to film more things in my life. I do love sharing my life. It is really a life of ease, compared to so many who have to work at jobs they don't like in cities that are noisy that they find no joy in being in.


 

I saw Matt going over to Alida's to take her shopping.


 

I phoned Lori and asked about the tax form my mom needed the accountant to have. She will drop it off. She's taking care of so many things down there for me. Mom has become a part of her faily, too. How wonderful for Mom, and for me! It's nice not to feel guildty about being there! It's so much better this year with Erika and all that mom thinks about ahead of time to do with Eirka, play dough, showing her bugs, blowing bubbles, so much to do together. It's really giving Mom a good life down there! I have a hard time sleeping if it is over 64F in our room. Opening the window brings in all of that dampness which is also very difficult for me to take. I like sleeping with the dehumidifier by the bed so I can turn it on if it gets too damp for me. Georgia would be way too humid for me and way too hot.


 

Alida got in the car and visited with me for a few minutes, sharing what she was buying for a birthday. I'm so glad she has good friends, a good job and is enjoying her life. I heard an interview with Joni Mitchell. It was quite an interesting look into her aversion to fame and to people that pursue the famous. She retreated to the BC wilderness to hide away from all of that. Society is rather crazy for famous musicians.


 

I was also sitting there trying to remember why I was in town anyway. I had my little iPod to do list which I made on Monday. It reminded me of looking for pallets. I drove past the pool, saw that it was 12:09 and that I could have gone swimming, but I didn't feel up to it today.


 

So I went looking for pallets. Then I came home.


 

At home I worked on linking my pond videos together. I linked and numbered over 200 of them together. Some are linked out of order, but it's so hard to figure out, I just left them that way. I think I'm up to April with them now. I have only 10 more videos to upload to be caught up, so I can sort out the pond videos when they're all up.


 

Willem came home and we had Ben's amazing shish kabobs. He made some hamburger ones that are amazing, too. We also had some of my fiddlehead chicken stew. There's a lot of broth left so I will use that to make another stew after this one is done.


 

He read Harry Potter, the next book, to me. I wonder what it was that Dumbledore had said to Harry's aunt that convinced her to take Harry in.

No comments:

Post a Comment