Monday, September 16, 2013

At the pond again

I brought down the cushions for the porch swing that's beside Jopi tipi. Willem is cutting down some of the towering Joe pye weed which is growing in the ostrich ferns.


 

I put together my little screen tent so I could work on the privacy fence, but I think it should go across the road instead of along it. I am not ready to work on it yet, either. I am tired out now. It's a quiet day for me today. Just puttering around. The kayak has blown to the other side of the pond. I think I should get into it on that side and then paddle it back over here.


 

The sun came out. My goodness does it feel hot on my hands and wrists. I have this little roof over the swing bench. I really liked having the campfire this morning. It's completely different down here now.


 

This morning I watched a phoebe sitting on the posts at the end of the willow blind. He swooped down on the pond and ate bugs on it. Five times. What a nice thing to watch.


 

I want to put together a hammock to hang in the tipi where I can lie down without all the bugs bugging me. I didn't bring down the new hammock by the sunroom, sunroom corner. I brought out the one we have been standing on when we get out of the pond with wet feet and have to be hiding from the bugs.


 

The water truck makes a lot of noise when he fills up.


 

I heard a sound like a peacock. It could have been anything, I guess.


 

This morning the sun was on Canary meadow (need a sign) and on the sides of the trees. Now the sun is on the backs of the trees and silver on the top of the sumacs clustered about on sumac hill.


 


 


 

The kayak keeps blowing from one side of the pond to the other.


 

It's so amazing here. I used to have to drive a long way to find a place where I could sit and enjoy nature when we lived in town fifteen years ago. This is so much better!


 

I should try making some trails. Perhaps ill cut another trail through the alders to the stream today. I like to have a place to walk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment