Monday, September 16, 2013

June 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Willem and I drove home and are now at the pond. We have discovered the grass is in head, ready for pollination and to go to seed. So we have been harvesting all the seed heads and removing them to the car to take away from here.


 

A bluebird is in the alders, singing in his whispering song, over the beautiful reflection on the pond. We haven't been up to the house yet, but have just arrived here from Ottawa. Ben offered or us to stay over at their home to keep from having to drive the long way to and from home.


 

But I love being here. It's so wonderful, so large and spacious and all ours! Even paid for! I feel very grateful for all we have. There's much privacy here, much wildlife, many birds and so much foliage that I have invested my time and energy into.


 

I love the wild plants as well as the lovely cultivated sort of other plants. Willem is in the water now. It's such a perfect place.


 

As I have sat on the porch at Ben's with the neighbour's porch no more than ten feet away, I feel so very much different about where I live. So many people, even with their lovely homes, still don't have anything like this in town. This is the cottage, or the tipi, I guess. So perfect.


 

I think I'll go kayaking while Willem swims.

No comments:

Post a Comment