Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I have had a lovely day. I got up not knowing what I should do today, but I knew I should take the Book of Mormon over to D. I was afraid to do it, but did it anyway. It worked out wonderfully. He has such a sweet innocent face. I hope he and D. read it!


 

Afterwards, not sure how to best use my day, and knowing Ankaret would like to weave some cedar into her fence, I went over and asked her if she'd like to go peel some cedar bark. Sure enough, she thought it was a good idea. She'd been working on her fence again and has planted more bushes in front of it.


 

It was a hot day today, 33C is what it got up to in the end. We filled a basket with cedar rolls. I was surprised at how quickly we were able to do it. I was so amazed, in fact, that I went back after taking her home and peeled cedar bark for another two hours.


 

The worker was taking away logs near us, so I moved my car out of the way. I'm grateful that the owner, John, is happy to let us peel bark. It came off so readily today. At least on some logs. We found a good set of logs to peel it from. I think all together we peeled four or five whole 8' cedar logs.


 

I was very hot and weak from the sun and humidity and the temperature. I came home and just sat in my chair for awhile to recooperate.


 

I had a message from a friend saying they'd had Ankylosing Spondilosis for the past 25 years. Oh my goodness. You'd never know it to talk to her. So that's one example of a woman who has it.


 

Then I found my swimming dress, switched the laundry and mended the arm seam on my little mending sewing machine.


 

I came down to the pond, took the seven rolls of cedar I'd peeled over the past few days to the car, then walked into the water. It was nice and warm. I swam in the top couple of feet of water and didn't need a wetsuit, just my swimming dress. I did a few leisurely laps. It was very pleasant to be in the warm water. I'm so glad we have this pond now.


 

I got out to lay in my hammock, but it ripped away from the ties. I took it down and was going to bring the other one over to replace it, but went back in the pond, instead.


 

I sat in it and peeled more willow that I've had soaking in it for the past month and more that has been in it for a year. I peeled seven more strips, but they were rather decomposing as I worked and the fibers were flaying away.


 

I swam around the edge of the pond, checking out the three big huge bullfrogs that have grown from the large tadpoles I brought home from that pond near Kingston. They are doing so well here! They are huge and quite content.


 

I got cold, even though the pond was 86F, so I came up to the house and showered, then lay in the hammock in the pergola and watched a pair of wasps go into the spout of a sealed closed hanging flowery teapot. Neither of them came out.


 

Willem came home, so we headed back down to the pond. I journaled while he swam some laps. The reflections of green on the pond in his ripples on his first lap over was so lovely. I didn't take a photo, though.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment