Monday, September 16, 2013

Thursday, June 20, 2013 all day

Willem and I were invited over to E's for Father's day dinner, so I went into town with him. I dropped him off at work, then went over to Ben's. I ran over his hose and broke the end off it! Good grief. So I went in and turned off the water from inside. I also cleaned out the liter box as it smelled.


 

I went over to Future shop and to Wal-Mart to buy a handsfree device for my phone. It is an old variety and has a big hole, so it needed a different kind of end. I found one for $10 which I bought, but it didn't work, or the hole in my phone doesn't work, so I took it back. The first time I went in without my walker, but the second time I needed it.


 

I went looking for a place to sit and flick card my fleece. I finally landed upon the Billings Bridge park on the Rideau River. I sat in the shade and carded the burdocks out of the alpaca fibers I bought from Jen. I don't think I'll buy fleece with burdocks in it again. I hadn't realized I had chosen alpaca today instead of sheep wool. I need to work with wool to practice spinning for the sheep to shawl on July 6th at the museum.


 

One person thought I was combing my dog hair for making a sweater. Another realized what I was doing. I was quite by myself. It was nice to be amid people but to be alone in the shade nearby.


 

Afterwards I sat next to the river and played the violin. A couple of people came over to listen to me. Embarassing, eh. I saw a family of wood ducks on the river. She has a sideways white teardrop marking on her eye. All the babies looked like her, grey and white. Lovely family!


 

I picked up Willem and we headed over to E's for dinner with her family and K. We had a very nice time on the back deck. Little Liam is a darling!


 

We drove K back to her new home, then went to listen to Al sing in the pub she used to work in. It was nice to be there with them again. I love hanging around when she sings!


 

We didn't get home until about midnight, but at least it wasn't a temple Friday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment