Monday, September 16, 2013

May 31, 2013 6 am

I didn't get up for the sunrise, I was too tored after staying out late for Alida's playing last evening. I hooked up the hose to the squirter and watered the garden in the glass tipi. I wanted the beans to be watered properly even though the soaker hoses doesn't get that area very well. Everything seems to be up, xcept some of the beans.

basil

Peas

Swiss chard

Spinach

Beans, radishes,

Carrots

Beets

cucumbers

Zucchini squash


 

We left at 9:15 for the temple.

alyssum

It's nice to have a garden in the tipi! I feel I have more control over it now than I did with the ones outside.

I also watered the blueberry bushes. I uploaded the video, then went down to the pond where I sat in the child's tent


 

put my towel on top of it to provide me with some shade in there. It's a very hot sunny day today.


 

I turned off the water before I was finished at the garden.


 

While playing my violin at the pond, I watched the birds. Tere were a pair of tree swallows on the posts of the willow blind fence going back and forth to the aphid pods on the ground under the sumac and heading with them over to the birdhouse where they are nesting.

I also liked the little chickadees entering the other birdhouse regularly. Only saw a couple of frogs at the pond

No comments:

Post a Comment