Monday, September 16, 2013

June 12, 2013 1:25 pm

I am in Sunrise hillside hammock. I drove up and down the lane after the grader went by, trying to pack the road down again so it wouldn't be easily eroded tomorrow or this afternoon later when it rains.


 

I have been drinking motherwort tea today, as I seem short of breath, easily exhausted when I do anything at all. I thought that would be good for my heart.


 

I went over to Mera and dug up some thyme, or ripped it up, I guess. I am going to put some nice new soil in the cracks and plant it in the patio stones, if possible. I hope it works well. But it's sunny out and only when it's raining do all plants not wilt when transplanted.


 

Here on sunrise hillside I like looking at the plants that are growing here on the hilltop. I have an entrance pathway of hostas over to the hammock here. I suppose I should take better care of this spot. There are many plants here, but not in groups as they should be. Perhaps I should move them around so they are in clusters and not just haphazardly here. I can do that when the sun is lower in the sky too, not in the heat of the day. The hydrangeas are looking quite lovely, too. I see a few baby elm trees, too. Not a good spot during the Dutch elm wipe out we are now experiencing! I'd rather have some birch saplings here. I'm not sure how to recognize birch saplings, though. I'll have to do some research, I guess, study a birch stand and the saplings that grow beside the parent trees.


 

The elm which used to shade me here has a lot of thinning going on now. No bugs today. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment