Monday, September 16, 2013

July 27, 2013 2 pm fiber roads at Mera

I was glad to find that there were tons more shelters at the farmers market today. It was really quite lovely. There is a group called Fiber Roads. Lots of alpaca people were there. Ankaret was also there, with a display of her baskets, various types she's made.


 

Before I left home I had planned to take along materials and make a basket. But then since nothing had been soaked for it, I changed my mind and took soap and fleece to felt them. So I sat near Ankaret as she made a cedar hat for awhile, then she left. I felted my soaps till they were all done and explained Ankaret's natural material baskets display. I would like to make a small bulrush basket with a lid on it like the one she made. It's a lovely design she made. It may be pairing.


 

Also a beautiful shawl woven by the girl that weaves silk, had a lovely open diamond pattern in it. I will look it up on the Davison book.

No comments:

Post a Comment