Monday, September 16, 2013

June 17, 2013 5:28 pm Monday

I came into Ottawa today to let Daniel do some driving before taking his test. It was nice to just hang out while he drove around here and there, did some errands, stopped at his apartment, stopped at the market, stopped at Ben's, subway, Tim Horton's and finally the driving place.


He passed his test, so now has the next level in the graduated licence. There are four levels before you are a full driver, each with a year in-between, I think, as well as limitations at each level. I think they are: 365, G1, G2, G. So he's now at the G2 level. I like riding with him. He's confident, but not cocky, which is so important in driving; especially while driving MY car.


 

I have so many friends and acquaintances whose children smashed up or totalled their cars, that there is no way I was going to let my kids ever do that to mine. So none had their licences when they left home. All three boys have taken drivers' ed. I'm not sure I Virginia took it. Alida hasn't. Anyway, there is no way I was going to let my children drive my cars till they could pay for their own insurance. My job as taxi driver is a nice one, I get to spend time with my kids! J


 

No comments:

Post a Comment