Monday, September 16, 2013

July 11, 2013, Thursday in Ottawa

9:03am

I went for a nice walk this morning down to the bridge. I walked at a rather fast clip, my repellant working against most of the mosquitoes. They have signs up this morning about loose sand on the shoulders. They are going to put down some sand and cover it with spray of tar or something. The shoulders are quite easy to ruin at the moment if you step on the edge of them. I should be there asking them to improve my pathway down to the tipi. It's too steep for me now.


 

Anyway, I walked along making a video as I went, checking on the tamarack trees's growth. It's a cool morning today, not hot like it's been for awhile. Not humid either. Much nicer, indeed.


 

I decided by the time I got back that I'd be doing better if I went to Ottawa and spent the day being available to my kids. Willem was ready to go, so we headed out. I did pick up my violin and my laptop before we headed out.


 

It was a nice cool drive this morning. There's nice breeze and it's cooled off so nicely. I dropped Willem off at 8:30 am.


 

I went over to Ben's and there was Daniel coming out of the house. So I gave him and his bike a ride over to work. I sat in the passenger side of the car in the shade on the side of the road afterwards, played my violin and wrote in my journal. I couldn't get my phone to work, to charge or anything. Finally after removing the battery twice, it started to work.


 

I played Black Jack, a jig, on it for awhile, then when Daniel came out to go work from home at Ben's, I let him drive, since he's got his licence now, anyway. He didn't mind, so I played while we drove. DJGJ, Home on the range, Somewhere over the rainbow, Red River Valley and Mari's wedding. He thought my playing has improved a lot! Woo Hoo!


 

We are at Ben's. Tas is working from home upstairs and Daniel and I are at the kitchen counter bar. It's nice here with them. I like being around them! Cool beans! I'm eating Ben's mangos! J


 

I'm so glad he has a good job and is doing so well. I'm glad they have their own home and it's large enough for the boys to come stay here or work here. Daniel has his own place now, though.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment