Monday, September 16, 2013

Saturday, June 15, 2013 Toronto temple

I'd had a hard time falling asleep, so hadn't had enough sleep by the time we got up to be at the temple for the 6:30 prayer meeting.


 

I was assigned as initiatory coordinator for the whole shift. I spent a lot of time at the desk as well as working with the patrons. It was a busy Saturday. I enjoyed it a lot. I liked helping the new workers as they learned their parts and got the hang of things.


 

For the afternoon session, I was again initiatory coordinator, but this time I had enough workers that I was able to sit and rest at the desk.


 

We had brought our food again. This time I had pulled pork, which I had to pull myself. That wasn't very easy with the plastic cutlery. We also brought Tupperware containers for our food. I forgot to leave some of them in my locker for next time.


 

MJ came to the temple in the afternoon. Michael wasn't well she'd come alone. She went on a session while I worked in the locker room. There are many patrons who speak Spanish or mandarin. I'm surprised. I think there are two mandarin wards in Toronto now.


 

Fern had be a patron where I was able to experience things differently and feel the love of each of the sisters, especially Maryjane. How wonderful that she and I can work together in the temple. It's so nice!


 

We left around 6:20, bought some samaras and headed home. Because we had missed seeing Alida on her birthday, we went to the pub where she works. She waited on us and we gave her the clock that shines the time onto the ceiling and two samaras. They always got samaras when we'd come home from the temple. There was a rocking band at the pub, so willem and I danced up a storm. It was very nice! We got home before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment