Monday, September 16, 2013

June 12, 2013 7:45 am

I am at the bridge, my feet up on the cement wall, glad to be here on this new sunny day. The rain has lasted for a long time. But I am quite content to be here listening to the sounds of the stream and to see the vibrating of the alder as the water rushes around it. I have become more prepared as time has gone on. I have my walker, my violin, my laptop including the cord and the cord to my iPod, my iPod, black plastic garbage bags to cover the chair, the iPod swivl and my little blue Fuji camera for close-ups as it does do wonderful still photos.


 

I couldn't find my regular zoomy blue camera this morning. I vlogged about it on a short video update from the stream and also filmed the stream at the culvert. I wanted to go to the pond, but thought I should get a bit of exercise, walking to the bridge instead.


 

Dr. Moore, cardiologist said it's more important to walk briskly for 30 minutes a day than to be in skinny. It's also easier. So walking is a good idea. I guess I haven't done any of it or any swimming for awhile because it has been so wet outside. Gee, what have I been doing for the past few days, anyway? I'll have to go figure that out and update my journal for Sunday afternoon after the MRI and yesterday when I went to town.


 

I realized that there is an indigo bunting that lives at the culverts. I knew that years ago, before we had a pond or anywhere to sit around there. I will have to film him. That will be quite nice.


 

This stream is very high right now. It has swallowed the bottom leaves of the overhanging alder branches. The grass is also six inches deep in water. The water is clear rusty brown today. I love that it's always clear, no matter what colour it is.


 

I am going to practice my violin again this morning. Willem taught me a song a month ago or more, but I can't' remember how it goes now. My bow strings get very loose when it's too damp and humid outside.


 

The pileated woodpecker is relaxing in his hole with his face out. He or she does that often. I guess it's the she. The he has a lot of red on his face at his beak.


 

I don't want to walk to my chair swing screened tent because the water is so high. I will certainly get quite soaked if I do.


 

I see some birds over there, though. Enticing, I do admit.


 

The little tamaracks we have planted look quite good, the ones I could see from the road, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment