Monday, September 16, 2013

Friday, August 9, 2013

Maryjane is here visiting. I got up and went for a bike ride. I sat by the bee balm and filmed a hummingbird on the flowers. I also discovered that I can zoom in to take a photo with my iPod! Yippee.


 

I broke up the broken windows and put the glass in a pail. I sat by the entrance to Perennials and played my violin a little, Not Hillside perennials, not sloped perennials, not downhill perennials. Ah, perennial slope! Good. Willem told me the name of it cos I forgot!


 

It was really mellow sitting there playing and enjoying the beautiful colours! Maryjane wanted to paint her gourd. She'd started it yesterday and had painted it with a pink wash, but then decided to paint it white with pink flowers and a heart on it.


 

I cut a piece of fabric for a door for the tipi, took one of the tipi poles off and nailed the fabric onto the board. It was rather difficult to set it up, but it did work pretty well.


 

I sat in the kitchen and worked on the gourd weaving I'd started. I added cedar bark, then bulrushes then more cedar bark. It turned out very nicely! Good job Nancy!


 

We went to the pond and swam, then went to the village for my pre missionary physical appointment. Willem printed out the forms for me so I could take them along and have them filled out by the doctor.


 

I dropped MJ off at the corner. She shopped at the thrift store and then went to a garage sale at the Catholic Church hall.


 

I had a two hour long appointment. I saw the placement doctor in training. She worked hard at filling out all the forms. She discussed my cholesterol with me and showed me the numbers. They want me on anti cholesterol medication and ramipril to keep me from having another heart attack because I am now at very high risk, since I've had one before. I thought that for Willem, so he won't be left alone, I will take some of it. I worry more about me being left alone!


 

We went to town after I picked up MJ. We stopped partway to town and checked to see if they had anymore of those long flowing dresses that are thin and lovely. We found stuff we liked. I was glad she wasn't referred to as my daughter again! Then I took her to see the quilt show but they charged admission, so instead we went to get my glasses straightened as I had stepped on them at the pond yesterday. Then I dropped her off at an antique store and went to the bank.


 

I went to subway and bought a dozen chocolate chip cookies, then picked up MJ. Jillians dad and stepmom run the antique shop.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment