Monday, September 16, 2013

June 27, 2013 4 pm town, transplanting cranesbill, pond

I went to town, full of ideas, but just went to Giant Tiger for salad and some snacks for Willem to eat at the temple tomorrow. I had a harder time moving now that I'd been sitting. I was glad to have my car back, though.


 

I was going to do the rounds, get some dead plants and soil, get some free straps and lumber plastic wrap, go to the bank, but I didn't feel like walking, so just came home.


 

At the intersection near his house, I picked up Ryan and took him back into town as he wasn't having any luck hitchhiking on this hot humid day. It wasn't as hot and as humid as it had been yesterday.


 

By the time I got back home, it was too late to go over to Susan's for a spinning lesson. So I lay in my hammock in Cedar Cove, under the mosquito screen for awhile.


 

I painted the lettering of the sign for the Husker Red digitalis plant and stuck it in the ground. I shouldn't have painted the lettering, though.


 

I dug up all the little cranesbill plants under the big willow bush. They just don't grow under there at all. I took them down to the pond and planted them where the Joe pye isn't growing. I marked the areas where they are planted with short stakes around the two areas.


 

The bugs were after me, so I went swimming in the pond. After a few laps and transplanting some of the willow sticks that are hopelessly underwater, I got back out and rototilled the garden. I threw the rocks into the pond and the grass clumps and other plants and weeds into the marsh meadow.


 

The black flies were getting me, so I hurried around the pond to the entrance and got back in. I heard the veery today like I did yesterday. I also heard the indigo bunting. A robin dashed across the pond and into the trees on cedar hillside. I was surprised at how fast they can fly into the dense foliage without knowing for sure what is in there. I had no idea they did that. They must see a long way ahead of themselves so they can do that without crashing into anything.


 

I was waiting for Willem to come home and swim in the pond with me, but he didn't realize I was down there. So I was in the pond for a couple of hours, relaxing, twisting, investigating frogs and swimming laps.


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment