Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 10, 2013

I got up early, went out in the lovely early morning fog and over to Joanne's. She gave me six boxes of clay to reclaim. I filmed my happy place on Silver Lake as I drove past.

I got there around 9, phoned ahead to let her know I was nearby.


 

I got back home and picked up some yarn which I took over to Mera to make the tea towels with. I enjoyed Lise's teachings on how to figure out the amount of thread we need to make the warp. They started with the dimensions of the hand towels, two each for eight people. Then how many ends per inch, so how many feet long it would be and how many ends per inch made up how much yarn we needed. Five spools to make a 16' warp. 477 threads wide.


 

We had a warping mill which was small and a whole lot of work to use. I stayed and helped wind it on. I learned a few things today. Putting your finger between two threads as you wind them on at the same time so they don't tangle as they leave the spools.


 

I came home around 3, trimmed 10 bowls, three of which had to be chucked because of unevenness. My knife isn't as sharp as it was.


 

I went to the dump after Willem unloaded my clay for me and replaced the trash and reusables into the car.


 

I came back and went down to the pond with Willem who was going to swim in the cold pond. I walked to Iceberg pond and nailed up the signs for the spring and the waterfall. I also hung up y hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment