Saturday, October 12, 2013

Friday, Oct. 9, 2013

I was standing by the hammock alongside the lane that was filled with tussock sedge grass that we'd dragged back from Triaqua Trail. I picked out all the canary grass and bundled the grasses together. By the third bundle, I had decided to take them over to show to Ankaret.


 

She was happy to see me. As soon as I arrived she pulled out her book of grasses and we identified the sedge. It's a Peterson guide to the grasses. I had timed my visit just right, arriving after they'd finished their lunch but before naptime. So it is called Tussock Sedge, as it grows in hassocks, the new grass with its triangular leaves with edges and so long and lovely, too.


 

She suggested I use the newly donated red raffia for coiling a beeskeep. Perhaps I shall. I said I'd show up next week and we could make them together.


 

I went over to Mera and harvested a bit of willow. Most of the back bunches are depleted, perhaps from my plantings and perhaps from Ankaret's well woman and heron she made this summer from the fresh willow. I took it down to the pond to plant it.


 

I also sorted some more sedge and decided we could manage the Sunday thanksgiving. I sent text messages to everyone about it. They all decided they can come, so at 5 will be thanksgiving, or when Alida is done work and thereafter we can have thanksgiving.


 

I went to town, bought some corn on the cob, a turkey and some cookies. I have everything else we will need.


 

I came back and loaded the kiln with glazed mugs and bowls. Then I dipped two dry but not bisque bowls


 

I turned the kiln on at 4:20 or so, got ready and headed out to the door with willem to go to here he was going to pay.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment