Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Morning pages

I am lying in the hammock in Deer Blind tipi. I have come down early this morning to enjoy the sunrise, to pray, to read my scriptures, to walk the clothwalk triangle which connects the three ponds.


 

This tipi, though dew free, is filled with hiding mosquitoes. They love the darkness and the coolness. I rolled up all the sides so I can have a breeze that will blow away the mosquitoes. All's that's missing is the breeze!


 

I can't pray because my mind is so distracted by the mosquitoes, so I'll pray on paper.


 

Dear Heavenly Father,

I guess I'll write Thee a letter since my mind won't focus properly. Thank Thee for giving us this incredible land with all its beauty, varied bushes and trees, colours in autumn, and all the seasons.


 

Thank Thee for the birds in these alders that I can look for and watch. Thank Thee for the deer that sometimes happen along. Thank Thee for the three ponds thou hast provided for us. Thank Thee for this screening to cover myself for protection from the mosquitoes.


 

Thank Thee for providing the factory with the fabric that we can use for making this boardwalk. Thank Thee for its usefulness in covering tipis, making hammocks; laying on the lane and whatever else I've used it for.


 

Thank Thee for my family, mostly for my husband who loves me so dearly. Thank Thee for who he is, for the intelligence he brings with him, all the music he plays and composes, the calmness of his personality, all he blesses me with.


 

Thank Thee for my children and Willem's. Thank Thee for their love for me. Thank Thee for their jobs, their ability to support themselves. I'm so grateful that they are taking care of their own expenses now.


 

Thank Thee for Willem's pension. Thank Thee for blessing us with whatsoever we have needed through these many years of raising children. Thank Thee that I can be a part of his pension even though I've never worked outside of our home.


 

Thank Thee for all the things Thou hast taught me. I'm so grateful for my curiosity and my ability to retain and to learn new things. Thank Thee for my courage to try new things. Thank Thee for all the crafts that I have learned and the things I have learned how to produce.


 

Thank Thee for my grandmother's loom and for the training in how to use it that I've received from those at Mera. Thank Thee for helping me get interested in warping this old loom and for being provided with the opportunity to have this new white cotton to weave with.


 

Please bless me today that I might uplift others, that I might serve Thee, that I might do good in the world. Bless me that I can make some pottery bowls to fill the kiln so that I can run it this weekend.


 

Please keep me mindful of whom I am in Thy sight, and help me not to sin, help me to repent as I do make mistakes. Please forgive me of all that I have not done and inspire me to do those things so that I may be worthy of being filled with Thy Holy Spirit.


 

These blessings I thank Thee for and ask Thee for in the name of my Saviour, Jesus Christ, Thy Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment